This Mexican Rice tasted just like the rice they serve at your favorite Mexican restaurant.

Mexican rice is so delicious and so easy to make at home.  You may never need to visit your favorite Mexican food restaurant again.  I serve this rice with ever Mexican dish I fix.

Mexican food is a staple at our house. It makes a weekly appearance at our dinner table, sometimes twice.  We also eat a lot of rice at our house, especially with Mexican food.  One of my favorite rice recipes is for Lime Cilantro Rice.

I also love the red rice you get in most Mexican restaurants.  The only problem is I haven’t been able to find a recipe for that type of rice that I really like.  I usually end up going to our local neighborhood Mexican restaurant and buying rice to go with what I am fixing for dinner.


Recently, my friend Sherra’s twin girls graduated from high school.  They had a taco bar for their graduation party and Sherra told me about her friend Ann’s Mexican rice recipe she was making.  One taste and I knew I had to ask for the recipe!

We had fabulous fajitas for dinner last night so I tried out the rice recipe.

I commented at the dinner table that I thought it tasted just as good as the rice we get from our favorite Mexican restaurant.  And one of the kids said “It’s better!!”  One of the tricks is to brown the rice in some oil before adding in the liquid.

I think I finally have found a Mexican rice recipe!  Enjoy!

Restaurant Style Mexican Rice Recipe

Mexican Rice
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 20 mins
Total Time : 30 mins

Mexican Rice is just like they serve in the Mexican restaurants and it is so easy to make at home.  I love serving it with every Mexican dish I fix.

Course: Side Dish
Servings: 4 - 6 servings
Author: Leigh Anne Wilkes

Ingredients
2 Tbsp Olive oil or vegetable oil
1 C long grain white rice
2 C chicken broth
1 small can tomato juice - 5.5 oz.
salt and pepper

Instructions

  1. Heat oil in a skillet
  2. Add the rice
  3. Stir frequently and slightly brown the rice (more like, make it tan) over a medium high heat
  4. Add the chicken broth, tomato juice, and some salt and pepper.
  5.  Read Full Recipe here : This Mexican Rice tasted just like the rice they serve at your favorite Mexican restaurant.