EASY CHICKEN FAJITA QUESADILLA

Chicken Fajita Quesadilla combines two of my favorite things: Fajitas and Quesadillas! This is an easy recipe for a cheesy, flavorful chicken quesadilla made in just minutes! (Thanks to Johnsonville for sponsoring this post!)


One of my favorite go-to dinners is Chicken Fajitas. It’s also one of my favorite things to order at a Mexican food restaurant! I love the combination of onions, peppers, meat and toppings inside tortillas. But I also love a cheesy quesadilla, too. So I thought, why not combine the two and make a Chicken Fajita Quesadilla?!

Besides the cheesy goodness of this Chicken Fajita Quesadilla, the best part of this quesadilla is how quick it is to make. Mostly because I used Johnsonville’s newest line of meat, and no, it’s not sausage! It’s their new fully-cooked chicken product, Flame Grilled Chicken! It’s available in five flavor varieties and tastes amazing!

Made free of fillers with no added MSG, artificial preservatives, flavors or colors, this is a product that tastes great and is also good for you. Each chicken breast is 80-130 calories and offers 18 grams or more of protein. Each portion is flame-grilled over open flame and then individually wrapped in 3 ounce portions to ensure freshness and offer convenient preparation (requires less than two minutes in the microwave!).


Every chicken breast is packaged with its own juices and is so flavorful and super tender, too! Johnsonville’s new line is available in five varieties: Garlic & Herb, Teriyaki, Black Pepper & Sea Salt, Southwestern and Honey Mustard.

I decided to use the Johnsonville’s Flame Grilled Southwestern Chicken Breast for my Chicken Fajita Quesadilla. It saved me a lot of time because all the flavors are already packed in the chicken and the cook time is minimal.

I can’t say enough great things about this recipe. I was so excited to share it with you because I loved it so much! I can’t wait to make these again and again! I can never get enough Mexican food. I love how quick these were to whip up. The perfect quick, easy, healthy, delicious lunch or dinner!


Chicken Fajita Quesadilla

Author: Jen Nikolaus
Serves: about 3 quesadillas

Ingredients
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
¾ tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. garlic salt
fresh cracked pepper
1 (9-oz) bag Johnsonville Flame Grilled Southwestern Chicken Breasts
Mexican Blend Cheese
Tortillas

Instructions

  1. Add a little olive oil to a skillet and then add diced onion and bell peppers. Cook on medium heat until softened, stirring frequently. Add chili powder, garlic salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Remove onions and peppers from skillet and onto a plate.
  2. Wipe the skillet clean and add Johnsonville Flame Grilled Southwestern Chicken Breasts and liquid from pouch into skillet. Add ½ cup water and cover. Cook on medium heat for 6-8 minutes, or until chicken is warmed through.
  3. Read full recipe here : EASY CHICKEN FAJITA QUESADILLA